The Model, Sligo.

Young Model Graffiti Film Clip

We were lucky to have a very talented volunteer (David Parle) donate his time to Young Model at Wolfetone Pharmacy last week. Here David recounts that experience and posts a clip of the Graffiti workshop that he’s edited together. I think we all experienced a strong sense of creative process

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

Circa Salon- updated

Circa Magazine is launching a new series of Salon evenings to coincide with each issue launch. A great idea if you don’t mind the 10e ticket price and the promise of like minded souls for conversation and entertainment with DJ Aidan Kelly on the decks is very promising. The first

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

Polly Fibre reconstructs the incredible for Relay

The fifth work for the Relay project has been launched and is available to listen to and download for free online. Created by Polly Fibre as a response to the previous Relay piece by Hulk, Reconstructing the Incredible is a work that samples and reconstructs his Nightly Sweetly samples and

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

Wolfe Tone Pharmacy is no more…

Andy Parsons writes…. The old Wolfe Tone Pharmacy which I have re-named Wolf on Arm, will be my new studio over the next couple of months, it will also be the new base for the Model Niland Gallery’s youth arts project young model. Combining a working studio with an education

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

Schools out with Sligo Street Artists

We’ve been making waves with our innovative youth programme Young Model since 2006, and it’s back in action this February mid-term with Sligo graffiti artists Feargal MacFadden and twin graffiti brothers Paraic and Kevin McGloughlin. These three street artists were recently commissioned by Sligo Arts Service to create a piece

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

€600,000 allocated to The Model Niland Console

The Model Arts and Niland Gallery are delighted to announce details of a €600,000 contribution from the Sligo Borough Council toward the ambitious Future Model development programme. The decision was reached at last night’s Borough Council Meeting at Sligo Town Hall and is a significant contribution to the refurbishment and

Continue reading