Global Kitchen

Sligo Global Kitchen with Pulled

Pulled Screen Print in association with Sligo Global Kitchen are holding their second ‘Cult of the Night’ print party this Friday, December 9th at their studios at the Model, Sligo. Attendees will be treated to a special food menu with culinary delights from across the world presented by the expert

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

My Pick – Irene Geelan

It’s funny, I’ve been to most of The Model’s previous exhibitions but I had never seen ‘Mountain Window’ by Jack B. Yeats. I had seen it in a lovely, little catalogue that the Niland produced and I really loved it. I used to come in, this was going on for

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

The Waterford Healing Arts Trust comes to The Model

Mary Grehan and Claire Meaney, Arts Directors of one of Ireland’s leading Arts and Health programme, the Waterford Healing Arts Trust (WHAT), are coming to Sligo for a three-day residency at The Model from 25th – 27th October. Established in 1993 and based at University Hospital Waterford, WHAT supports the

Continue reading
Bart Lodewijks

Bart Lodewijks – a note

The Model Drawing / Unforgettable Neighbourhoods *Symposium: Drawing as a form of social action Saturday 30 January, 12 – 4.30pm Opening Reception Saturday 30 January 4.30pm* The Model will open a unique exhibition featuring Dutch artist Bart Lodewijks on 30 January on view until 27 March. The Model Drawing /

Continue reading
Tangerines

New Season of Cinema

The Model is delighted to announce a new season of film at The Model Cinema in partnership with Sligo Film Society. Running each and every Thursday from this week through to April, The Model is delighted to present its spring programme of the very best in international and independent cinema

Continue reading

Culture Night at The Model, Friday 18 September, 3pm to 11pm

Friday, 18 September, 3pm – 11pm, FREE Culture Night Sligo provides a wonderful opportunity for people of all ages to participate and experience in fun and exciting artistic events. Ceardlanna Rithima le Rossa O’Snodaigh, 3 – 5pm (G) For the first time The Model presents a programme for Irish Language

Continue reading