Daniel Bannon talks volunteering with Rebecca Kennedy

To highlight volunteerism in Sligo during it’s year as The European Volunteer Capital for 2017, Rebecca Kennedy talks to Daniel Bannon, a volunteer at The Model. “I choose to volunteer in The Model because I had finished a degree in Music technology in Tralee, Kerry and I was looking to

Continue reading
Noel Corr (S.C.)

Noel Corr talks volunteering with Rebecca Kennedy

Noel Corr is undeniably one of the longest serving and dedicated members of The Model’s Volunteer team. Every Wednesday Noel rises early to take the bus from his hometown in Bundoran, Co. Donegal to Sligo Town to donate his time as a Gallery invigilator. Noel tells us why he volunteers

Continue reading
Sligo Film Society Logo

New spring cinema programme with Sligo film society

The Model Cinema which runs in partnership with Sligo Film Society – one of the longest running in the country – returns this January to it’s usual Thursday evening slot with a packed programme of the latest and best in international and independent film. The spring season opens on Thursday

Continue reading
Graphite & Easel

Graphite and Easel: A review

Graphite and Easel is a life-drawing classes led by Artist Emma Stroude. It takes place in The Model on Fridays at 10.30 am. To resurrect whatever waning artistic talent I may have left, I decided to give Emma’s class a go. Life drawing for some is the most essential of

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

2016: The Education round-up

2016 has been a great year for The Model, with a kaleidoscope of art and cultural events taking place in the beautiful surroundings of The Model throughout the year. People of all ages have been attending our exciting mix of events and projects, ranging from music to film, artist talks,

Continue reading
The Model, Sligo.

A seasonal singalong screening for families at The Model Cinema

Special Family Day with Secret Sing-along Screening Wed 28 December •Printmaking workshop, post-holiday celebrations and story-telling from 11.30a.m. •Free secret sing-along film screening for families at 1p.m. The Model are holding a top-secret movie screening and some post-holiday celebrations for all the family on Wednesday December 28th. The event is

Continue reading