October has been an exciting and busy month for The Model’s offsite New Spaces for Music programme, and it’s not over yet. Tonight the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival kicks off in Dublin, and the New Spaces programme has packed up and hit the N4 for the big smoke. Beautiful Unit will kick off the New Spaces programme for DEAF this evening at Filmbase, Temple Bar from 6.30pm. All the New Spaces for DEAF gigs are all free. All you have to do is stay tuned to twitter for the confirmed locations which will be announced no later than 24 hours before the gigs. We’ve made a short list of our recommendations for DEAF. What are yours?
The Model Recommends for DEAF
- Beautiful Unit tonight (Thursday) at Filmbase 6.30pm
- Babybeef (as recommend by Le Cool Dublin)
- Relay – The Model’s online commission curated by artist Chequerboard launches tonight at Filmbase. 6-9pm
- Message Sonores by Peter Maybury at Road Records.
- ‘Pastures New’– a confluence of Traditional Irish Music and real-time computer music systems in a concert featuring the combined talents of Paddy Glackin (Fiddle), Emer Mayock (Flute) and Donal Siggins (Laptop)
- Night Leaves Breathing – The Quiet Music Ensemble with David Toop Sat Oct 31st 5-12pm
- Donal Dineen’s mixed media installation, Filmbase, 11am-8pm
Make sure to stay tuned to DEAF’s twitter to get updates on the New Spaces locations.