Thanks to the good folks over at Media Express, today marks ‘Good News Friday’ so we’ve decided to share with our readers some of our good news to kickstart your weekend. The sole purpose of Good News Friday is to harness the power of positive thinking to counteract the current gloom. In the midst of the recession many positive news stories are completely ignored because there is so much bad news about.
- The Model is reopening later this Spring, following an extensive redevelopment phase providing 65+ construction jobs in Sligo.
- There are a number of opportunities for artists and creative businesses to rent studios to help us turn The Model into a creative hub.
- Gavin Bryars has been confirmed as part of the line up of this years Sligo New Music Festival at The Model on April 16th-18th.
- After re-opening, The Model will also commence an international cinema programme in collaboration with the Irish Film Institute. This programme will bring first run, award-winning films from around the world to Sligo.
- We’ve just launched our Volunteer Scheme; we’re looking for enthusiastic people looking to keep busy, learn new skills working in the arts, and join us in one of the most exciting phases in the history of The Model.
- Our new website is underway, direct your browsers to www.themodel.ie and stay tuned over the next few weeks as we roll out the new look.
- It’s sunny outside!
- It’s also the weekend!
Share your good news with us below. Bon Weekend!